Censia’s AI-powered talent intelligence technology allows companies to instantly find, evaluate, and hire top passive talent.
The solution can be used directly in the cloud and can be quickly integrated into most applicant-tracking ATS systems.
Rank best-fit candidates automatically and get instant candidate comparisons
Censia replaces keyword searches with recommendation modeling to help find and hire the best talent, quickly and at scale.
1. Redesign the main user flow and make it cleaner and intuitive for users.
2. Reduce the number of actions and time to build a role
3. Made UI that will be adaptive for adding future features and integrations
User Experience (UX) Designer
User Interface (UI) Designer
Visual Designer and Direction
Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Balsamiq, Invision
- Competitive analysis
- User interviews
- User journeys and flows
- Site map
- Low-fidelity wireframes
- High-fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes
- Design system and UI kit
- Supervised the delivery across design and frontend teams
- Usability tests
Duration: 4 months
1st Version Challenges and Problems
Based on customer's and stakeholder's feedback
- Challenging to get started (No guided flow, for many users, was not clear what to do)
- Complicated and not intuitive enough navigating around the product and its main functions
- Difficulty in using the key function “Ideal Candidate” (The system requires to select of 3 Ideal Candidates to build a list of candidates)
- The Product forces users to add a lot of an unnecessary data
- There is too much noise on the inputs edit page
- Takes too long to build the first list of candidates and all next edits after
- The search and selection of candidates are not clear for many users
1st Version Flow
Selected Critical Design Priorities and Main Tasks
Re-imagine the user journey experience and general UX/UI design
- Simplify role building process with fewer steps to build the initial model
- Made more user-friendly and clear navigation
New candidate search experience and inputs build a structure
- Redesign adding and editing inputs process and restructuring inputs categories
- New clean flow for interaction with candidates
Switch to existing graphical libraries and UI components
- Use UI libraries that are compatible with our technology stack, versus built-our own
- (React: Plotly, DevExtreme’s Data Grid, Material UI…)
Research and Ideation
The main task was to reduce the number of actions and pages for building the 1st list of candidates.
- Simplifying the initial number of inputs and using only a one-page approach for building the role.
- The "Ideal Candidate" feature became optional.
- Now users can tune the specific searches later, after checking the first candidate's results.
The second task was focused on improving interaction directly with candidates (candidate sorting, ranking, contacting, exporting, setting interviews...)
New section structures have been designed for the main search categories to solve the complexities of text clouds.
Which simplified navigation and editing ability.
Other improvements that were defined and improved in the process
“Exclude” and “Must-have” priority to inputs.
A complex feature that was unintuitively disjoined from the main inputs section, and nested in the additional tray. Which required a user to do the double job of entering data like titles, skills, education, companies, priority
“Exclude” and “Must-have” priority integrated into inputs. Made one universal element input (tag) for selecting special priority for each type of term, we use a specific color code for easy catching
Candidate profile card
Low amount of data about candidates and doesn’t show some overall and Highlights information about candidates Candidate Profile Card V2
More detailed new Candidate Profile Card with the ability to customize order and view of content
Stages for Candidates
Originally the product has only one option to select /add to favorite for candidates (star button)
In the new version was added a new feature that allows users to mark candidates and allow them to separate into different groups and filtered in the candidate funnel
V2 Achievements After Release
New smart workflow that works for the Novice User and Advanced Power User
Total flexibility in editing and extracting data with new search methods
Identify highly qualified and capable candidates now in seconds
New clean flow for work with candidates
A new design environment that allows integrating new features and sub-product easier and with a native look everywhere
Added new features like "Anonimus search", "Quick Search" "Company Search", "Candidate Portal"...